Family 2010

Family 2010
Summer Fun

Monday, April 27, 2009

Outdoors week

In the jogging stroller ready to go! Aren't they adorable! Finally, time to start shedding some more pounds and enjoying the warm weather. (I tend to hibernate in winter!)

Not the cutest picture, but telling none the less. The pink squirt bottle Julia has, is her new favorite "toy" she loves spraying everything and helping to water the new flowers in the flower bed...oh and also loves to spray me and Bryce. Bryce looks mad, I think it's because I wasn't letting him DIG like he really wanted to. I would have let him, but I know all he really wanted to do was eat the dirt!

It was a gorgeous week outside and we took full advantage of that. We jogged over to aunt Kim's twice. Julia enjoyed playing in the yard. A day or so later, John pointed out a rash that Julia had on her leg. My first thought was poison ivy, but couldn't think of where she would have gotten it, until aunt Kim told me today that her flower bed has beautiful vines of ivy!!! poison ivy?! It happens.
leaves of three, let it be! POISON IVY!
We are treating it with a little hydro cortisone and she's fine. Other outdoor activities we enjoyed this week were, weeding (well we never really enjoy this) and planting flowers. Last year, I discovered the flower vinca.
I think it is beautiful! oh and I just learned that it only dies back in the winter and then comes back, guess I shouldn't have ripped out the ones from last season, oh well. Maybe I'll try and let them die back and regrow next year.

They are great for a no shade yard and grew fabulously last year. I took a before picture last year, I wish I would have taken an after picture. We had gorgeous red, white and purple flowers for many months last summer.
We jumped on the trampoline (Julia loves to jump!).
SERIOUSLY? John let Julia outside to jump, we keep the door open and typically look out the window every thirty seconds to check on her. Guess a little time lapsed before we looked out and saw Julia with her Dora bike riding around the trampoline!

And very soon we WILL be getting a sandbox (Julia loves digging even more than jumping, as evidenced by the naked patches of dirt in my yard!). I keep promising Julia we will get a sandbox very soon. The problem is I take far too much time researching such insignificant facts, such as what would be the BEST and most Awesome and cost effective sand box. lol. We also had a picnic with aunt Kim.
Bryce-a-pooh, as Julia has so kindly nick-named him, has been as happy as ever. He is a cuddle monkey and a super sweetie.

1 comment:

SarahBell said...

Have you thought of maybe building a tree house with a san box under it. That was the sun would not make the sand hot and you could have a swing set and a slide for the kids.