
I have always been a PERFECTIONIST. A thinker. A planner. A realist. Many times it is hard to live in the NOW. Enjoy all the things that are going on around me and essentially, just STOP and "smell the roses." Basically, love life, for what it is...a precious gift each and every day. I am not sure if it was around the time I graduated nursing school (May 2004) or just before I had Julia (Aug 2005), but I realized that each and everyday we have must be cherished. Don't live in the past (but do reminisce), don't wish your life away hoping tomorrow will get here faster (but do plan for the future), LIVE in and for the moment. I think that being in my profession (an ER nurse), I am frequently reminded how life can drastically change in the blink of an eye. Morbid? Maybe. I look at it as a blessing. I have very vivid memories of rocking Julia as a very young baby just days old and thinking, "I WILL remember how small you are and how I feel right in this very moment." I think about all of this pretty frequently. The song "Live like you were dying" by Tim McGraw completely sums up my thoughts on this. (see my play list) I try to live by this and sometimes I do struggle, fall into the rat race of life. I LOVE my children and my family. Deep Thoughts.
Daddy and Julia

Me, little man and princess

On to the daily good times. This past week we enjoyed a family lunch at IHOP. We (Kim, Julia, Bryce, and I) went to gymnastics for Julia's weekly lesson. She is still enjoying it, but also talks a lot about soccer. We are considering that, but don't want her to get over involved. On Friday we got a new trampoline with a net.
John and his sister enjoying the trampoline right after putting it up.

Did you know that some homeowners insurances won't even insure you if you tell them you own a trampoline? Hmm. I think that the kids will be fine as long as I can keep John from jumping on there while the kids are on it! Oh and on that note, I thought that this new trampoline would be mostly for the kids...and it is ...my biggest kid...John. On Saturday we took the kids to a nice Easter Egg Hunt at my job. Bryce and Julia got to meet the Easter Bunny. Each of them collected a lot of eggs! Fun times!
Bryce trying to get back outside to find more eggs!

Julia hunting for eggs!

Bryce pondering why we even collect eggs.

Julia in awe of the Easter Bunny








No comments:
Post a Comment