Family 2010

Family 2010
Summer Fun

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Vacation Day 2/ Mothers Day

I figured I'd say a few things about life in the now before I get too caught up in vacation again. Julia is a trooper. She is a little under the weather today. We have all been fighting a little cold, but last night she started running a fever. She is still pretty active even when she is sick, but I'm just letting her get in as much sleep as possible to help her feel better. We did run around all day yesterday. Just little errands. Plus, we got to go swimming at the gym with Kim and Harry. John is enjoying his break before he starts school again on June 9th. I am enjoying summer as much as I can being this pregnant. Summer is one of my favorites because I like to be outside swimming. It's not quite as fun with a big belly, but I'm managing. The baby is 31 1/2 weeks at this point and quite active at night and in the early am. I'm not too surprised by this schedule, as I have to work night weekends. The baby shower/party is this weekend and that should be so fun. I know Kim has put so much work into it. I can't wait to hang out with family and friends.


Julia giving me my mothers day gifts, wanting to eat them. (its beans)

VACATION DAY 2

Vacation day 2 was Sunday May 11, 2008, this also happened to be Mother's Day. The day before we left on vacation Kim helped Julia make me 3 very cute pictures that said Happy Mother's Day, Julia. And I love you. Thanks Kim and Julia!


Julia and Mommy, I love my princess!


Anyway, we decided to go to California Adventure Land and Disneyland on that day. These parks are so close they are almost one in the same. I imagine they split them up only to increase revenue.


Julia at Cali Adv Land first park day of vacation!


We had park hopper passes, meaning we could go back and forth to either park at any time. We actually ended up starting at California Adventure Land. We were able to have fun at 3-D show, like the Muppet's. Then we went on the Monsters Inc ride, Julia loved it. Right after we got off we were handed these cards and told "congratulations." We had no idea what the cards were. We stepped aside and read the cards. They were actually fast passes to get on a lot of the rides that normally have long lines. We were very happy about winning these, but it turned out we were there on a day that wasn't too busy. The passes did come in handy a few times, but would have been even better to have on Friday. At any rate they make great keepsakes. John rode a few crazy rides at this park. I'm pretty certain his favorite was the Tower of Terror. I would have loved to ride, however, I tried to be good knowing that I'm the designated growing place of our little boy. lol. I think that 29 weeks pregnant turned out to be a perfect time to go on this kind of crazy vacation. First, I wasn't sooo pregnant that I didn't enjoy it. Second, John could go ride crazy rides and not feel too bad that I was watching Julia because I couldn't ride anyway. Third, lots and lots of needed exercise. The weather was pretty good. Day 2 was probably 78 and partly cloudy. The park was pretty calm in the morning a little busier at night.

Julia and Daddy having so much fun on the ladybugs ride.

Julia meeting Mickey Mouse! She always gave them all a big hug!


We stayed at Cali Adven Land until about 5pm when we decided to wander over to Disneyland. We didn't have to feel too rushed because we had two more full days ahead of us at Disneyland or California AdvLand since we had three days of park hopper passes. For us that turned out to be the perfect amount of days because we were able to do pretty much everything we wanted and not feel to rushed. It was fun to see Julia ride airplanes, carousels, and even some coasters. She is a little thrill seeker and would laugh the hardest at the scariest parts. I loved hearing her little laugh. She is so sweet. She would pick exactly the color of tea cup, dumbo, or seahorse she wanted to ride before we would get on each ride. We watched a parade in the evening and then the fireworks. The park stayed open late this night and John wanted to run back over and ride the Tower of Terror at Cal. Adv Land. When we got to the gate at the other park we realized he didn't have his wallet. NOT GOOD! This was one of my worst fears....him losing his wallet. We only had $9 cash...but his ID, credit cards, and our 3 day tickets were in there. Amazingly they let us back into Disneyland and we traced our steps back to the last ride where they had it!!!! All in all a great day at Disneyland/CAL and a scary then happy ending. Wow, that's a lot for day two. Our legs were already sore. More to come on days 3-8. Love Ya'll

New addition: This night we went to Holly and Tims' for a good night of sleep. It was closer to the park that we'd be going to the next day. (universal studios) We arrived at Holly's very late and quickly showered and went to bed.

No comments: