Family 2010

Family 2010
Summer Fun

Monday, July 26, 2010

Bryce's 2nd Birthday/summer activities

I really don't see how we could be any busier! I've been so busy that I haven't even posted Bryce's Birthday on here and that was on July 7th (immediate family) and July 10th (all family) My handsome son is growing into the cutest little boy. He is enamored with Jeeps, shoes, and video games (to my dismay). I always hoped John would play video games in a closet and not expose the kids to this horrible time waster, but no such luck. With Bryce it was love at first sight. If daddy has the PlayStation remote out Bryce must also have one. He is my little cuddle monkey. He loves to dance with or without me. He loves music and my iPhone. Amazingly he knows how to use it and maneuver through to the games he wants to play. Great distractor for both the kids when I have to go to the store. This year we had a little family fun night with Aunt Kim on Bryce's actual Birthday. We went to Chuck E Cheese and just played a ton of games with the kids. Bryce loves ski ball but just can't seem to get the balls all the way up the ramp and into the holes. On July 10th we had a Toy Story 3 themed 2nd Birthday Party. There was easily 35 family members and close friends there to wish Bryce a Happy Birthday. We ate pizza, cake and ice cream and the kids jumped on the trampoline and swam in the little pool out back. We had the Toy Story movies playing in the back ground of the party and just generally had a great time. Bryce also got a Woody Toy of his own and a Buzz Light Year. He really loves to carry them around and play with them.
This summer we are managing to stay incredibly busy and keep our minds off the fact that the baby is coming so fast! I'm already 1/2 way into pregnancy week 30 and the sweet little girl is still not named. I haven't gone through any of Julia's old stuff to see what I have vs what we still need. She has no room yet, though that is coming. It is with mixed emotions that Uncle Adam will be moving out to be on his own in just one week. We have enjoyed him in our home and will miss him dearly! However, time marches on and he is on to complete independence. Hopefully he will not forget where we live!! Baby girl seems to be growing right on track and kicking mommy all the time. I have heartburn pretty frequently and it's getting a little more uncomfortable to sleep! I think the kids are both excited about the expectant addition to our little family. Julia continues to throw out name ideas and constantly wants to measure my belly. She kiss my belly and tells her little sister how much she loves her. Bryce points to my belly and says "baby." He is also intrigued by nearly every baby he sees on the street. A few weeks ago he was carrying his own little baby doll around (one he borrowed from his sister) and was taking care of baby like a good little daddy. My children are so sweet I can't wait to add one more! Julia's 5ht birthday is right around the corner and pretty soon she will be starting her first day of Kindergarten. Wow! A five year old and school starting. I knew this day would come, but it sure did come fast! I think she is beyond ready. She is intelligent and ready to make lots of friends. She is one of the sweetest little girls and always tries to make new friends at the park. I love her with all my heart and can't wait for her to do so many exciting things this year.
John graduates from LVN school on Friday! We are so happy for him and so very proud of him. This is just one more stepping stone to his RN, which he will hopefully start May 2011 and complete May 2012.
I am over halfway though my English 2 class, which is a stepping stone to my BSN. I think I have done well, but I also realize that I am a very busy mom and work outside the home. All these things, plus the fact that I'm only 8 weeks aways from delivering baby girl make me think that I am a little too busy for school right now. I will probably try to take a class here and there and if it takes me a while to get my bachelors degree, no problem, I am here first and foremost for my kids.

No comments: