Family 2010

Family 2010
Summer Fun

Thursday, June 10, 2010

No pictures? New laptop!

Sure, I realize it is totally boring to read this blog with no pictures to view. Yeah, I haven't posted any pictures in probably 6 months. It wasn't supposed to be that way. Previously, the only time I had any free time to post was at work and I always told myself I'd go back and add pictures. Clearly, that never worked out! However, I just got this cool new laptop for my birthday and I'm hoping that it will help me to become a more frequent blogger, with pictures. I mostly blog as a journal for my little family. One day, when the kids are bigger we can go back and read through the stuff we were doing at the time and I know that it will be more interesting for the kids if there are pictures.
I am enjoying my new laptop and the portability it provides. I can take it outside and watch the kids play or bring it downstairs and sit with the kids in the playroom. Genius. Now I just have to be careful about time management and not waste too much time on here!
At any rate, look for more frequent updates...and pictures...soon! This week we've had a fun and productive week. John has been off of school all week and we've been able to just all hang out and run errands. I've been proud of myself for shopping, planning, and cooking meals numerous times this week. We are a family that eats out too often. Not only is it expensive and monotonous it is so horrible for us health wise. I know why we do it though....time and ease. For example, this week, the kids started swim lessons. I happen to schedule them for 6:30pm. Not the best time for one who plans to cook dinner! Plus, Julia LOVES to cook. She actually is quite helpful, but when you are pressed for time it can be hard to slow down and try to teach. Another thing that makes it even harder is when Bryce is climbing on the stool with Julia and trying to touch any and everything...dangerous and very distracting. Or he is repeatedly saying "mama, mama" and wanting me to pick him up so that he can help or see what we are doing. At the very same time Julia is saying, "mom, can I do this, or mom let me pour it." How do people plan and cook regular meals with little kids??? I love my precious crazies!
Swim lessons have been going well. I had hoped that Julia could advance her skills by taking this two week swim class, but I don't think that is going to happen. She is already able to swim a few feet to me and to the wall. She just needs a little help to hone her skills. I can't necessarily help her when I have her and Bryce at the pool. The class, though entertaining, is not proving to be very helpful. The one thing it has done is helped me work with Bryce one one one. I don't get to help Bryce usually either because I usually have to keep a constant eye on Julia too. Amazingly, Bryce kicks and moves his arms. He also likes to go under and jump off the side of the pool too. I know my little fish have the capacity to learn to swim soon, I am just a little disappointed that this is not the class that is going to help them!

No comments: